Typical application: Skavenja™ is ideal for both vertical and horizontal porous surfaces that require cement grout haze or efflorescence or rust stain removal. Eliminates the need to use conventional strong acid cleaning. It has a typical pH of 11 to 12.5.
Benefits: Suitable for all natural stone, tiles, pavers, masonry, concrete and grout. Perfect for acid sensitive surfaces including polished and unpolished marble, limestone, travertine and concrete. Multi-purpose water dilutable cleaner - removes grime, grease, rust and soiling. The gel makes vertical and horizontal applications easier and allows a longer dwell time on the surface.
Application rate: 1 gallon (3.79 L) may be mixed with up to 5 gallons (18.9 L) of clean water to treat approximately 1000 sq.ft. (100 sq.m.) of grout haze or efflorescence, depending on the of amount of haze or efflorescene and surface adsorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST to determine the ease of application, amount of dilution needed and desired results.
- Sweep or vacuum all loose dust and dirt from the surface.
- Pre-wet the surface with water and remove any excess.
- Apply Skavenja™ to surface undiluted or pour into a bucket one part Skavenja™ and 1 to 5 parts clean warm water, depending on strength required, and thoroughly stir for 60 seconds. Generously apply with a spatula, mop or sprayer and leave for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not allow to dry on surface. Lightly scrub surface with brush or machine. Repeat application as required.
- Mop surface generously with clean water, rinsing mop regularly.
- Skavenja™ is able to remove iron and clay stains off most surfaces. It does this by forming insoluble complexes with these particles, which are then rinsed away with water.
- Skavenja™ qualifies for LEED 2009 IEQ Credit 3.3: Green Cleaning - Purchase of Substainable Cleaning Products and Materials 1 Point.
- Do not take internally.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 – 95 °F (5 – 35 °C).
- Protect surrounding areas from product contact.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil.
- Use only in well ventilated areas. Use a chemical respirator if in a confined space.
- Wear suitable solvent resistant gloves, protective clothing and safety goggles during application.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying.
Storage: Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. Do not freeze.
Safety directions: DO NOT smoke. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid breathing vapor or spray mist.
First Aid: If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If breathed vapors or mist relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist contact a physician.
Accidents: Fire – use foam, water spray, CO2 and dry powder. Spillage – take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand or saw dust.
Pack size: 1 Quart (946 mL) and Gallon (3.79 L) plastic container.