Typical applications: STAIN-PROOF Plus™ is suitable for natural stone countertops.
STAIN-PROOF Plus™ is:
- Able to repel stains, graffiti and food products making cleaning easier
- Non film-forming
- Able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeping the original look
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence
- An excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas
- Highly water vapour permeable, able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating protecting against weathering and wearing
- Very alkali resistant
- Won't break down in contact with cement based materials, able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Warranty: *A 25-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimise absorption.
Application rates: Total application rate is approximately one quart per 100 sq.ft. (one liter per 10 square meters), depending on surface absorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- DO NOT thin product.
- Generously saturate the surface with STAINPROOF PLUS™ using a low pressure hand spray, a clean brush or lamb’s wool applicator. Surface should have a mirror like ‘wet’ look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow the surface to become touch dry, waiting a minimum of 10 minutes, and repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 100 sq.ft. (one litre per 10 square metres), depending on surface absorption.
- After the final coat allow the surface to become touch dry, waiting a minimum of 10 minutes, and then polish with a clean dry white cloth to remove excess product, moistening cloth with STAINPROOF PLUS™ to ease polishing.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment.
- Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. STAIN-PROOF PLUS™ will make the maintenance and cleaning of treated surfaces much easier.
Countertop Surface Care
Even once impregnated, natural stone still needs to be correctly cared for. Dry-Treat has created a new Countertop Care Sheet, a simple guide to caring for natural stone countertops which can be printed off and given to customers.
- Do not take internally.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35°C (40 - 95°F).
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Surface may be used after 24 hours with full cure up to 4 weeks.
- Protect surrounding areas from over-spray.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Do not empty into drains.
- Use only in well ventilated areas. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate.
- Wear suitable solvent resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying.
Storage: Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. It is recommended that this product is best used within seven days of opening to avoid possible spoilage.
- Vapor is harmful to health with prolonged exposure.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- No smoking. May form explosive peroxides.
- Irritating to eyes: avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- Do not breathe gas/fumes/vapor/spray.
- Avoid exposure - obtain special instructions before use. This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste. Harmful if swallowed. HARMFUL- May cause lung damage if swallowed. Vapors may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If breathed vapours or mist relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist contact a physician.
Fire – Use foam, water spray, CO2 and dry powder.
Spillage – Take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand or saw dust.
Active content: Over 60 per cent active content in alcohol.
Pack size: One 16 fl. oz. (473mL)
Note: Only available in the North America