Terracade is the innovative new terracotta facade system from Austral Bricks. Terracade heralds a new era combining chic design with unparalleled flexibility, providing practical, visually appealing solutions to many design obstacles. Ideal for modernising existing structures, or as a stunning feature of new constructions. Simple to install, Terracade also provides an added layer of protection and insulation to improve structural performance.
Available in two distinct ranges, Terracade XP and Terracade TN, Terracade offers a palette of natural earthy colours that will enhance buildings up to 40 storeys. Individual tiles can easily be replaced to keep a building in A1 condition. For more information about Terracade, visit the Terracade website or call the Austral Bricks free call numbers: 1300 881 712 (Australia) or 0800 2878725 (New Zealand)
Which Dry-Treat™ Sealer is Best for Terracade Cladding?
Terracade terracotta is a hard wearing surface. It has been tested to AS/NZS 4284 for water penetration. In particularly difficult environments, for instance high traffic city areas, Terracade may be exposed to graffiti vandalism or build up of carbon dirt from passing motor vehicle traffic. A high quality impregnating (penetrating) sealer can be used to make the surface easier to clean and prevent permanent staining as much as possible.
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt, PLUS premium oil stain protection.15 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
STAIN-PROOF Original™ and META CREME™ have special molecules which bond permanently inside the terracotta. It is highly recommended for such surfaces for its 15 year + durability and its ability to stand up to commercial cleaning techniques such as pressure hosing which are commonly used to clean vertical surfaces.
Maintenance of Terracade terracotta surfaces after sealing with STAIN-PROOF Original™
Due to superior bonding, STAIN-PROOF Original™ will not be harmed by strong alkaline cleaners or pressure hosing. Standard cleaning regimes (except for acid washing) can continue to be used on the treated surfaces, and the use of special proprietary cleaning chemicals or equipment is not required to uphold the STAIN-PROOF Original™ performance warranty. STAIN-PROOF Original™ will make the treated surfaces easier to clean, so less time should be required for effective maintenance.
1) Any surface to be sealed should be clean and looking just as you want it before it is sealed - it may be impossible to remove stains after sealing.
2) The surface must be freed waxes or other topical coatings. Any such existing coating must be removed prior to treating with a Dry-Treat sealer.
3) Ensure the material is thoroughly dry before applying any Dry-Treat sealer.
1) Always test any cleaning chemical or sealer on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface 24 hours before doing the project, to check that it will produce the desired result. This is especially important with ENHANCE-PLUS™ to ensure the colour enhancement is what you want.
2) Always ensure the surface is completely dry before proceeding with sealing.