American Bluestone is a high quality, dense sandstone, quarried around New York and Pennsylvania. Commercially known as Pennsylvania Bluestone, it is popularly used as a building and an architectural stone.
Australian Bluestone or basalt is a dense, hard wearing stone. It is generally a deep blue grey stone, both grand and popular for paving. Bluestone was notably used in the interior of the new Melbourne Cricket Ground, and sealed with Dry-Treat's ENHANCE-PLUS™ and STAIN-PROOF Original™.
Bluestone may be a dense stone, but it is still porous - you only need to leave a tablespoon of water on a floor tile for at least 30 minutes to find a deep stain. It is important to seal Bluestone if you want it to continue looking good for a long period of time.
To maintain the look and slip resistance of the Bluestone, it is important to use a high quality, invisible, impregnating sealer. Dry-Treat impregnating sealers are safe and suitable to seal Bluestone surfaces of all types - from wall cladding to floors, outdoors and in, residential and high traffic commercial.
Which Dry-Treat Sealers are Best for my Bluestone?
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt, PLUS premium oil-stain protection.15 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
For colour enrichment PLUS water based stain protection. 5 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
PLUS: STAIN-PROOF Original™ or META CREME™ for additional oil protection at least 24 hours after ENHANCE-PLUS™.
1) Any surface to be sealed should be clean and looking just as you want it before it is sealed - it may be impossible to remove stains after sealing.
2) The surface must be freed of waxes or other topical coatings. Any such existing coating must be removed prior to treating with a Dry-Treat sealer.
3) Ensure the material is thoroughly dry before applying any Dry-Treat sealer.
1) Always test any cleaning chemical or sealer on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface 24 hours before doing the project, to check that it will produce the desired result. This is especially important with ENHANCE-PLUS™ to ensure the colour enhancement is what you want.
2) Always ensure the surface is completely dry before proceeding with sealing.