Brick is a man-made building material, produced from baked clay that has been used for over 5000 years. Bricks are also made from a mixture of lime and very fine sand that are hardened in steam at a high pressure.
Brick is hard and dense, but quite porous and easily penetrated by water / oil. However, the amount of porosity varies depending on the particular type of clay, baking methods etc.
To maintain your bricks look and protect the paving from oil staining, water ingress and salt attack, it is important to use a high quality, invisible, impregnating sealer. It is most essential for brick paving in entertaining areas or where there is a problem with salt efflorescence.
Dry-Treat impregnating sealers are safe and suitable for indoor and outdoor surfaces, and for residential or high traffic commercial surfaces.
Which Dry-Treat Sealer is Best for my Brick?
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt, PLUS premium oil stain protection.15 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
For colour enrichment PLUS water based stain protection. 5 year warranty applies when surface is sealed by an Accredited Applicator.
PLUS STAIN-PROOF Original™ or META CREME™ for additional oil protection at least 24 hours after ENHANCE-PLUS™.
1) Any surface(s) to be sealed should be clean and looking just as you want it before it is treated; it may become impossible to remove stains after sealing.
2) The surface must be freed of waxes or other topical coatings. Any such existing coating must be removed prior to treating with a Dry-Treat sealer.
3) Ensure the material is thoroughly dry before applying any Dry-Treat sealer onto the surface.
1) Always test any cleaning chemical or sealer on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface 24 hours before doing the project, to check that it will produce the desired result. This is especially important with ENHANCE-PLUS™ to ensure that the colour enhancement is what you want.
2) Always ensure the surface is completely dry before proceeding with sealing.