Granite is an igneous rock formed by the slow cooling of molten liquid rock. It is made up of crystals of quartz and feldspar, and sometimes mica and hornblende. Granite is a tough, hard wearing and versatile stone, available in a wide array of mottled colours, from whites to blacks and just about every other colour.
Finished to a high polish, it is the most popular stone for kitchen bench tops, and with a honed or even rough finish is popular for wall cladding and flooring - both residential and commercial.
Granite is dense, but quite porous - you only need to leave a tablespoon of water on a floor tile for 30 minutes or so to find a deep stain. It is important to seal granite to keep it looking good for a long period of time.
To maintain the look and slip resistance of the granite, it is important to use a high quality, invisible impregnating sealer. Dry-Treat™ impregnating sealers are safe and suitable to seal granite surfaces of all types - from wall cladding to floors, outdoors and in, residential and high traffic commercial.
Which Dry-Treat™ Sealers are Best for my Granite?
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt, PLUS premium oil stain protection.15 year warranty when ssealed by an Accredited Applicator.
For colour enrichment PLUS water-based stain protection. 5 year warranty when sealed by an Accredited Applicator.
Plus STAIN-PROOF Original™ or META CREME™ for additional oil protection at least 24 hours after ENHANCE-PLUS™.
1) Any surface to be sealed should be clean and looking just as you want it before it is sealed - it may be impossible to remove stains after sealing.
2) The surface must be freed of waxes or other topical coatings. Any such existing coating must be removed prior to treating with a Dry-Treat sealer.
3) Ensure the material is thoroughly dry before applying any Dry-Treat sealer.
1) Always test any cleaning chemical or sealer on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface 24 hours before doing the project, to check that it will produce the desired result. This is especially important with ENHANCE-PLUS™ to ensure the colour enhancement is what you want.
2) Always ensure the surface is completely dry before proceeding with sealing.
For natural stone, quartz and concrete countertops
With correct care, your countertop will look beautiful for many, many years. Simply refer to our Countertop Care Sheet for more details.