Sandstone is a sedimentary rock, formed from debris deposited of silica granules by wind or water, and consolidated with amorphous silica or calcium carbonate cementing matrix, often in conjunction with aluminum or iron oxide, which contributes yellow, orange or brown colouration.
Sandstone is very porous and one of the softest types of stone. Water and oil absorb into sandstone within seconds and, over a longer period, water and especially water borne salt can do severe damage to the surface. All sandstone must be sealed to help keep it intact, free of salt efflorescence and looking good.
To maintain the look, breathe-ability and slip resistance of the sandstone, it is important to use a high quality, invisible impregnating sealer. Topical sealers will trap moisture in the stone which can damage it in time.
Dry-Treat™ impregnating sealers are safe and suitable to seal sandstone surfaces of all types - from wall cladding to floors, outdoors and in, residential and high traffic commercial.
Which Dry-Treat™ Sealers are Best for my Sandstone?
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt, PLUS premium oil stain protection.15 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
Permanent, invisible, fully breathable impregnating sealer for water and salt protection, plus surface consolidation. particularly popular for sealing limestone in a saltwater environment - such as around a salt water swimming pool.
For colour enrichment PLUS water based stain protection. 5 year warranty when sealing is performed by an Accredited Applicator.
Plus STAIN-PROOF Original™ or META CREME™ for additional oil protection at least 24 hours after ENHANCE-PLUS™.
1) Any surface to be sealed should be clean and looking just as you want it before it is sealed - it may be impossible to remove stains after sealing.
2) The surface must be freed waxes or other topical coatings. Any such existing coating must be removed prior to treating with a Dry-Treat sealer.
3) Ensure the material is thoroughly dry before applying any Dry-Treat sealer.
1) Always test any cleaning chemical or sealer on a small, inconspicuous area of the surface 24 hours before doing the project, to check that it will produce the desired result. This is especially important with ENHANCE-PLUS™ to ensure the colour enhancement is what you want.
2) Always ensure the surface is completely dry before proceeding with sealing.