Typical applications: ENHANCE-PLUS™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, patios, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas.
Benefits: ENHANCE-PLUS™ provides deep enrichment of natural colour; hides scratches, efflorescence and imperfections; repels stains and soiling for easier cleaning; is able to make surfaces more resistant to acid etching; is ideal for indoor or outdoor use; has up to 90 per cent water exclusion vs. control after 24 hours immersion (ASTM C 642 and ASTM C 67) and 86 per cent water exclusion vs control after 3 days immersion (NCHRP 244); on concrete pavers is classified as class W - low risk of slipping when surface wet (AS/NZS.4586); is suitable for alkaline and neutral substrates; and is backed by a 5 year warranty.
Warranty: A 5-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when ENHANCE-PLUS™ is applied by an accredited applicator following our written instructions and maintained regularly using our recommended maintenance system. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
Application rate: Total application rate is approximately one litre per five to 10 sq. metres (50 to 100 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas. Total application rate is approximately one litre per five to 10 sq. metres (50 to 100 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- Allow 30 minutes for product to penetrate surface then wipe or polish surface with a clean, dry cloth to thoroughly remove excess product.
- Apply additional applications if a darker appearance is required, waiting a minimum of 24 hours between coats.
- Clean equipment with organic solvents e.g. methylated spirits. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
Note: ENHANCE-PLUS™ will resist, but not prevent, surface etching or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. It may be applied over a surface that has been treated with a Dry-Treat impregnating sealer a minimum of 24 hours after the treatment and the surface has been scrubbed with a scourer, or similar. Alternatively, to obtain additional protection from oil-based stains STAIN-PROOF™ may be applied over a ENHANCE-PLUS™ surface a minimum of 24 hours after the treatment.
ADVANCED APPLICATION HINTS:
NOTE: ENHANCE-PLUS™ WILL NOT BEGIN TO CURE UNTIL ALL EXCESS PRODUCT RESIDUES ARE THOROUGHLY POLISHED OFF THE SURFACE
Denser surfaces will have lots of excess to remove, and proper thorough removal is crucial
APPLYING ENHANCE-PLUS™ ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES
ENHANCE-PLUS™ should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth, so the sealer is wiped evenly over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces.
APPLYING STAIN-PROOF™ ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of STAIN-PROOF™, at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats.
DO NOT APPLY ENHANCE-PLUS TO SURFACES ALREADY TREATED WITH AN IMPREGNATOR
because the result can be patchy and uneven. In an emergency, where the surface has already been treated with STAIN-PROOF or META CRÈME, it MAY be possible to apply ENHANCE PLUS, with the following guidelines:
- Do a test in an inconspicuous area to ensure desired results
- Make sure the impregnator has cured for at least 24 hours and scrub the surface with dry scourers or suitable abrasive pads before applying ENHANCE PLUS™
ALTERNATIVE ONE-STEP APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
1. Ensure steps 1 to 3 of the BASIC APPLICATION GUIDELINES above are first completed.
2. Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, lambs wool applicator, clean brush, or similar. Avoid contact with surrounding areas. Total application rate is approximately one litre per five to 10 sq. metres (50 to 100 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
3. Allow at least 8 hours for the product to penetrate. IMPORTANT: Ensure the area is cordoned off so people and animals are not able to track the product onto other untreated floor areas.
4. Thoroughly polish off ALL excess product residues
Precautions: Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35ºC (40 - 95ºF). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate. Wear suitable solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapour respirator during application. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
Active content: A 40 per cent active content mixture blended into a odorless and harmless non-water based solvent. VOC content meets US EPA < 100 grams per Litre (Method 24, excluding water and exempt compounds). Fulfills LEEDS requirements. Compliant with EU VOC Directives 2004/42/CE and 1999/13/EC and Environmental Protection Department Hong Kong SAR Government 2007 Regulations.
Pack size: One Quart (946 mL) and Gallon (3.79 L) containers.
Storage: Use product within 12 months of purchase. Keep container tightly sealed, in a cool well-ventilated place. Product is freeze-thaw stable.