META CRÈME™ is the next generation of sealing technology, the ultimate invisible and breathable impregnating sealer for protecting natural stone, tiles, masonry, pavers, concrete and grout. It represents world best practice in sealing.
META CRÈME™ is ideal for indoor / outdoor use on kitchens, bathrooms, entertainment areas, pool surrounds, patios, countertops, floors, walls, building facades, and for public / commercial areas.
- Next generation technology = the ultimate penetration and lifespan.
- Super oil and water repellency for superior stain protection.
- Super penetration creates large water and oil-repelling barrier, which provides protection against stains and many serious problems, including efflorescence, picture framing, spalling and freeze-thaw damage.
- Low odor, non-drip white to straw colored cream. Ultra low VOC, fulfills strictest LEEDS requirements.
- Retains a natural color and finish of the surface.
- Easy, one coat application.
- Makes cleaning easier and keeps surface looking new for longer; controls moss and mildew growth.
- Breathable - water vapor escapes freely, helping to avoid harmful moisture buildup inside the treated material.
- Treated areas are food contact safe.
- Alkali resistant - won't break down in contact with cement based materials.
- Can seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.).
- Will maintain a superior gloss level when used to treat highly polished surfaces.
- 15 YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY available when applied by a Dry-Treat Accredited Applicator.
META CRÈME™ TECHNOLOGY
META CRÈME™ starts working immediately on contact with the surface. Self assembling components enter through the tiny capillaries present in all porous building materials to deeply connect on a microscopic level to the subsurface. The treatment becomes permanently part of the material itself, causing damaging liquids such as oil and water-borne salts to be repelled.
SEAL FOR LIFE - green credentials
This environmentally responsible, low VOC sealer makes cleaning easier so you use less cleaning chemicals. The creation of a permanent bonding impregnating sealer which is also low VOC is a world first. Our DIY 1 quart META CRÈME™ comes in an award winning, waste-and energy minimizing, recyclable pack. The innovative POS display unit in retail outlets is also made from 80% recycled cardboard, the maximum recycled content, and does not require separate cardboard shipping boxes.
VOC CONTENT: <100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes.
1 Quart (946 mL) recyclable soft pack
2.5 Gallons (9.46 L) bucket
Sizes not available in all countries.
Approximately 50 per cent active content in a hybrid micron particle sized water/non-water colloidal mixture. VOC content meets US EPA < 100 grams per Liter (Method 24, excluding water and exempt compounds). Fulfills LEEDS requirements (META CRÈME™ will qualified for EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings 1 Point). Compliant with EU VOC Directives 2004/42/CE and 1999/13/EC and Environmental Protection Department Hong Kong SAR Government 2007 Regulations.
A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when the product is applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and the surface is cleaned regularly (as per our written warranty). Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize any opportunity for damage.
HOW TO USE
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Surfaces to be treated must be dry, clean and free of residues, and surface temperature between 40 - 95°F ( 5 - 35°C).
- Generously coat the surface with META CRÈME™ using a foam roller, brush, or similar. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Leave the product to penetrate for minimum 1 hour, then thoroughly polish with a clean dry cloth (or squeegee) to remove ALL excess product. Estimated application rate is 1 quart per 30 to 100 square feet (1 litre per 3 to 10 sq.m.), depending on surface absorption.
- Use fresh water to clean equipment.
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for a minimum of 12 hours after application.
- Sealer will NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. To clean treated surfaces, use a neutral pH detergent in warm water and a soft cloth or mop.
META CRÈME™ PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION HINTS:
1. TESTING META CREME™
META CREME™ must be allowed to cure for at least 4 weeks before undertaking testing.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence
META CREME’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 4 to 5 weeks! As more META CREME™ bonds inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
- Achieving maximum depth of penetration
The modified silane molecules in META CREME™ are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. With 4 hours of dwell time and 4+ weeks of cure time, typical penetration of META CREME™ into Kashmir white granite is 7 to 13 millimeters.
2. APPLYING META CRÈME™ ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES
- For extra penetration META CRÈME™ may be left to penetrate for up to 4 hours on smaller polished surfaces such as countertops.
3. APPLYING META CRÈME™ ON SMOOTH SURFACES
- Once META CRÈME has been left for at least one hour to penetrate a smooth (honed / polished / antiqued) surface, a squeegee can be used to speedily remove the bulk of the product residue. Then, the small amount of remaining excess product / residue can be easily polished off with dry absorbent cloths. If the META CRÈME™ residue has begun to dry and cannot be polished off with a dry cloth, the cloth can be moistened with a small amount of META CREME™ to aid removal.
4. APPLYING META-CRÈME™ ON HIGHLY POROUS MATERIALS
- Highly porous / absorbent surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should be pre-sealed before applying META CRÈME™. Newly laid floors should also be pre-sealed prior to grouting, so that the grout is easy to remove and does not cause stains. Once the grout is dry and all grout haze has been thoroughly removed, META CRÈME™ can be applied over the tiles and grout. A light sprayed coat of HANAFINN Ole-Repella™ makes a cost effective pre-sealer, and requires only 2-3 hours of drying time before applying grout or a coat of META-CREME™.
5. APPLYING META CRÈME™ ON ROUGH SURFACES
- On rough surfaces, globules of META CRÈME™ may collect in gaps and pits. Use a paint brush to remove these globules and spread them out.
The total application rate is approximately one quart per 30 to 100 sq. feet (1 litre per three to 10 sq.m.) depending on absorption. Refer to the minimum Sealer Application Rates table for more information.
Sealing your countertop with a Dry-Treat impregnating / penetrating sealer provides your surface with premium protection, but does not make the surface impervious to stains, plus it is important to know how to clean your stone. Please read our Countertop Care Guide- a simple one page guide which will help you maintain your beautiful stone countertop in tip top condition.
Countertop Care Guide
Sealing your countertop with a Dry-Treat impregnating / penetrating sealer provides your surface with premium protection, but does not make the surface impervious to stains, plus it is important to know how to clean your stone.
Please read our Countertop Care Guide- a simple one page guide which will help you maintain your beautiful stone countertop in tip top condition.
General Surface Maintenance Guide
Dry-Treat has produced a comprehensive, easy-to-read guide to maintaining your sealed (or unsealed) porous surface, including stone surfaces.
The Dry-Treat Surface Maintenance Guide is divided into clear sections for easy use - indoor and out door surfaces, horizontal and vertical surfaces, heavy duty cleaning, light regular cleaning, stain removal and tackling special problems such as salt efflorescence and grout haze.
Download our Surface Maintenance Guide
Precautions, safety directions and storage:
Do not take internally. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid inhaling vapors. No smoking, keep away from sources of ignition. Wear latex gloves, protective clothing and safety goggles during application. Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. Avoid freezing.
If swallowed, contact a physician. DO NOT induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If in eyes, hold open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and contact a physician. If vapors breathed relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist contact a physician.
BROCHURES AND GUIDES
DEPTH OF PENETRATION (GRANITE)
DEPTH OF PENETRATION (PAVERS)
STAIN REPELLENCY AFTER 25 PURE BLEACH WASHES (GRANITE)
STAIN REPELLENCY VARIOUS SURFACES
WATER ABSORPTION AND STAIN REPELLENCY (GRANITE)
WET SLIP RESISTANCE TREATED (GRANITE)
WET SLIP RESISTANCE UNTREATED (GRANITE)