DRY-TREAT 100N CI™
IMPREGNATING SEALER FOR ENGINEERING CONCRETE
DRY-TREAT 100N CI™ is a deep penetrating, permanent water-repelling sealer that protects engineering concrete from damage caused by water and water-borne chloride ion salts. It is also an excellent electro-potential corrosion inhibitor for steel reinforcement. Exposed concrete surfaces become easier to clean, maintain and stay in service for longerWhere to Buy
HOW TO USE
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like "wet" look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- After a minimum of 6 hours, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 16 feet (one litre per 1.66 sq. metres) depending on absorption.
- Allow 10 minutes for product to penetrate surface then polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product.
- Clean equipment with methylated spirits.
- Sealer will not prevent surface etching or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces.
Corrosion Inhibitor: An optional amino corrosion inhibitor can be added to DRY-TREAT 100N to make DRY-TREAT 100N CI. It is an excellent electro-potential corrosion inhibitor for steel reinforcement. DRY-TREAT 100N CI works to significantly reduce the corrosion currents by chemically interrupting the electrolytic current and causing a decrease in the corrosion process. The inhibitor component has a high affinity to steel and forms a protective film on the steel surface and also scavenges oxygen.
Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35ºC (40 - 95ºF). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate. Wear suitable solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapour respirator during application. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
Greater than 99 per cent isobutyl triethoxy silane. It complies with UK Highways Agency BD 43/03 "The Impregnation of Reinforced and Pre-stressed Concrete Highway Structures Using Hydrophobic Pore-Lining Impregnants" and BS EN 1504-2:2004 "Products and Systems for the Protection and Repair of Concrete Structures".
390 grams per Litre.
CTI/RTA Evaluation of Waterproofing for Concrete
DRY-TREAT 100N CSIRO 14 PAGES
Dry-Treat 100N Dr Pfeifer 3 Pages
DRY-TREAT 100N EARLY TREATMENT OF CONCRETE 13 PAGES
DRY-TREAT 100N SEATING PLATS 4 PAGES
SERVICE LIFE PREDICTION
UK BRIDGE DESIGN MANUAL IMPREGNATION